The AV-1010-B is a GPIB/RS-232-equipped general-purpose, 0 to +/- 100V pulser, offering 1 MHz operation, 10 ns rise and fall times, pulse widths from 20 ns to 10 ms, and a variable delay of up to +/- 1 second. When driving a 50 Ohm load, it can provide up to 2 Amps of current. This model is ideal for both general lab pulse/delay generator applications, as well as high-current laser diode pulsing applications. In many applications, the AV-1010-B is a suitable alternative or replacement for the discontinued HP and Agilent models 214A, 214B, and 8114A.
The most recent information for the AV-1010-B General Purpose Pulse Generator is available here:
|AV-1010-B data sheet (PDF format, 321 kB, 2019-08-29).|
|A LabView driver for the "-B" version of this instrument is available!|
|The following manuals for the AV-1010 family (possibly including customized models) are available online:
Prices - USA and Canada
Standard US/Canada prices are listed below. We can also provide you with a formal quote.
|General Purpose Pulse Generator||AV-1010-B
||Base model. Units with the -B suffix include the IEEE-488.2 GPIB and RS-232 computer control feature and a 2m/6ft GPIB cable.|
|Ethernet port, for remote control using VXI-11.3, ssh, telnet, and web||-VXI||$0||Option. Standard feature for orders after Jan 14, 2019 - it is no longer necessary to specify this option. Adds a rear-panel Ethernet connector, allowing the instrument to be remotely controlled using the VXI-11.3, ssh (secure shell), telnet, and http (web) protocols. In particular, the VXI-11.3 features allows software like LabView to control an instrument using standard VISA communications drivers and network cabling, instead of using old-style GPIB cabling. (This eliminates the need for a GPIB controller card and its proprietary drivers.).|
|Provide a Certificate of Conformance||-CC1||$101||Option.|
|Provide an installed IUID-format label||-ID1||$101||Option. Label only. Does not include data registration. Records the manufacturer CAGE code, the instrument serial number, and the model number.|
|0 to +/-20V baseline offset||-OT||$2437||Option.|
|Rack Mount Kit||-R5||$307||Option. For 17-inch-wide models only. Check datasheet for instrument dimensions. (All -B units are 17 inches).|
|Extra GPIB cable, 1 meter||-X1||$50||Option.|
|Extra GPIB cable, 2 meters||-X2||$71||Option.|
|Extra GPIB cable, 4 meters||-X4||$92||Option.|
|AC Power Cords|
|Power cord for United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia||-AC00||$0||Option. BS 1363, 230V, 50 Hz.|
|Power cord for Australia, New Zealand||-AC01||$0||Option. AS 3112:2000, 230-240V, 50 Hz.|
|Power cord for Continental Europe, Korea, Indonesia, Russia||-AC02||$0||Option. CEE 7/7 Schuko, 230V, 50 Hz.|
|Power cord for North America, Taiwan||-AC03||$0||Option. NEMA 5-15, 120V, 60 Hz.|
|Power cord for Switzerland||-AC06||$0||Option. SEV 1011, 230V, 50 Hz.|
|Power cord for South Africa, India||-AC17||$0||Option. SABS 164-1, 220-250V, 50 Hz.|
|Power cord for Japan||-AC18||$0||Option. JIS 8303, 100V, 50-60 Hz.|
|Power cord for Israel||-AC19||$0||Option. SI 32, 220V, 50 Hz.|
|Power cord for China||-AC22||$0||Option. GB 1002-1, 220V, 50 Hz.|
|ATA shipping case||-ATA3||$925||Option. Ships the instrument in a heavy-duty ATA-style transport case, instead of the normal cardboard box. It can also serve as a storage case. This option is recommended for shipments outside of North America and Europe, and is mandatory when using a freight-forwarder or when shipping by any method other than FedEx/UPS. It is strongly recommended for all shipments to China. Pelican model 1690 for full-rack-width (17 inch / 430 mm) units, including all -B units. Pelican model 1610 for half-rack-width (8.5 inch / 215 mm) units. This option increases the shipping weight by 45 lbs / 20 kg (1690) or 24 lbs / 11 kg (1610).|
|Ship to USA or Canada, on Avtech FedEx Priority account||$0||Included in base price.|
|Ship globally, on customer FedEx or UPS account||$0||Excludes Austria, China, The Czech and Slovak Republics, Germany, India, Japan, Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan and Turkey. Consult your local representative for pricing.|
|Ship globally, on Avtech FedEx Priority account||Contact Avtech for pricing.||Excludes the above countries.|
|Ship globally, using a customer-specified freight forwarder||Contact Avtech for pricing.||Excludes the above countries. Not recommended. Due to the increased likelihood of shipping damage, the -ATA3 option (heavy-duty ATA shipping case) is mandatory for -PS, -C, and -B models.|
These prices are in U.S. dollars, and apply only to orders placed directly with Avtech from the United States and Canada. Reseller prices may be higher. A 5% academic discount is available for North American universities. Orders are non-cancellable, non-returnable.
Click here for additional information about price list terms, shipping methods, warranty and repair information.
Prices - International
Customers in Austria, China, The Czech and Slovak Republics, France, Germany, India, Japan, Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan and Turkey should contact their local representative for pricing. International prices will be somewhat higher than the USA/Canada pricing shown above, depending on local documentation requirements, customs and shipping procedures, and other regulatory issues (for example, the European WEEE directive).
Customers in other countries should contact our Canadian headquarters directly for pricing. Avtech can ship internationally by FedEx (preferred), UPS, DHL, or Bax Global.
To form a valid model number:AV-1010-B
+ (select one power cord: -AC00, -AC01, -AC02, -AC03, -AC06, -AC17, -AC18, -AC19, -AC22)
+ (recommended shipping case, mandatory if not shipping by FedEx or UPS: -ATA3)
+ (other possible options: -VXI, -CC1, -ID1, -BR, -OT, -R5, -X1, -X2, -X4)
Some options may not be available with all formats (see the table above), and some combinations of options may not be available together. See the data sheet for details.
Our online Model Number Checker tool can be used to validate model numbers.
Typical Test Results
The files listed below contain actual test results from recently shipped units or internal models.
- sn14088,AV-1010-B-VXI-X2-AC22.pdf (73 kB, 2020-10-09)
- sn14042,AV-1010-B.pdf (73 kB, 2020-09-01)
- sn14041,AV-1010-B-AC03-R5-CC1.pdf (73 kB, 2020-08-20)
- sn14019,AV-1010-B.pdf (72 kB, 2020-07-30)
- sn14016,AV-1010-B.pdf (73 kB, 2020-07-21)
- sn14006,AV-1010-B.pdf (73 kB, 2020-06-04)
- sn13994,AV-1010-B-BR-AC03.pdf (83 kB, 2020-04-30)
- sn13961,AV-1010-B-AC02.pdf (73 kB, 2020-02-05)
- sn13955,AV-1010-B.pdf (73 kB, 2020-01-28)
- sn13954,AV-1010-B.pdf (73 kB, 2020-01-27)
- sn13953,AV-1010-B.pdf (73 kB, 2020-01-27)
- sn13926,AV-1010-B.pdf (73 kB, 2019-09-16)
- sn13907,AV-1010-B-AC22.pdf (74 kB, 2019-06-24)
- sn13902,AV-1010-B.pdf (73 kB, 2019-05-29)
- sn13884,AV-1010-B-AC06.pdf (73 kB, 2019-04-01)
- sn13872,AV-1010-B-CC1.pdf (72 kB, 2019-04-12)
- sn13871,AV-1010-B-CC1.pdf (72 kB, 2019-04-12)
- sn13870,AV-1010-B-CC1.pdf (72 kB, 2019-04-11)
- sn13869,AV-1010-B-CC1.pdf (72 kB, 2019-04-04)
- sn13868,AV-1010-B-CC1.pdf (72 kB, 2019-04-03)
- AV-1011B1 General Purpose Pulse Generator
- AV-1011B3 General Purpose Pulse Generator
- AV-1015 General Purpose Pulse Generator
Related Applications Information
- AV-1010 and AV-1015 Pulse Generator Applications
- Typical Waveforms for the AV-1010-B with a Current-Boosting Transformer
- AN-5 ~ Vendors of Fast Pulse Accessories
- TB15 - A Comparison of Reverse Recovery Measurement Systems
- TB16 - The Importance Of Minimizing Parasitic Inductance In Forward Recovery Measurement Systems
- AN-2A ~ General Applications Information
- How Can I Extend the Amplitude Range to Low Levels?
- Replacing Obsolete HP, Agilent, Velonex, and Systron-Donner Pulse Generators
- TB6 ~ What Coaxial Cable Should I Use?
- What Effect Does Impedance Mismatching Have on High-Speed Pulse Generators?
- How to Deliver a Fast 2 Amp Pulse to a Diode in a Probing Station
- LabView drivers